The University Language Centre of the University of Turin (CLA-UniTO) plays an important role in the development of language competences, internationalisation policy of the University and the language policy promoted by EU.
The CLA-UniTO is member of AICLU (the Italian Association of University Language Centres) and participates in conferences and seminars the Association scheduled every year. The Language Centre also joins the initiatives promoted by CERCLES (Confédération Européenne des Centers de langues de l'Eseisement Supérieur).
The language programmes designed for the improvement of language skills are addressed to a wide range of users, namely students, departments, research institutions, schools and the general public, public and private bodies locally, nationally and internationally located.
In more details, the CLA-UniTO
- responds to the diverse needs of the University namely testing the language competences, teaching and learning foreign and Italian languages by realising specific and tailored language programmes;
- provides support to the University of Turin departments, by testing students, who are required of a specific level of language ability for accessing to some degree courses. and by offering language programmes for general and specific purposes.
- designs language and methodological programmes addressed to school teacher according to special agreement signed with the local educational authorities of the Ministry of Education (MIUR)
- carries out research and experiment in applied linguistics by considering the latest developments in teaching methodology, by exploiting language processing tools and by establishing local, national and international collaborations with other uiversities and both private and public bodies
All the activities and research carried out by CLA-UniTO is differently documented:
- targeted realisation of language teaching and learning resources in different formats (paper, multimedia and digitised) and for different teaching/learning modality, namely in class, online and blended (e-learning environment)
- supported sharing of good practices and experimentation in language teaching through day conferences, conferences and seminars at local, national and international level